Corn dryer causes Pekin fire


PEKIN – A fire in Pekin Thursday was apparently caused by a corn dryer.


Firefighters responded to Alto Pekin LLC early Thursday morning and crews were on the scene for a couple of hours, although it took 45 minutes to control the fire. Officials say machines used to dry corn meal used in ethanol production was the source of the blaze.


No injuries were reported and water was used to extinguish the fire since actual ethanol or other chemicals were not involved.


Alto Ingredients, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of supplier of ingredients used in beverage and industrial alcohols, premium feed and food ingredients.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Classic
  • Twitter Classic
  • Google Classic