Best in McLean County ag honored
The McLean County Chamber of Commerce honored the best in 2022 McLean County agriculture at the annual McLean County Chamber of Commerce Agriculture Awards Dinner Thursday evening.
The event was held at the DoubleTree by Hilton-Bloomington and culminated with the presentation of six awards.
• The Outstanding Conservationist Award recognizes a person who has helped to advance the knowledge and practice of soil and water conservation.
• Awarded to Eric and Jenny Mennenga, Owner and Operators of Dolly Farms
• The Outstanding Young Farmer Award recognizes a young farmer 40 and under who has been actively involved in civic and community affairs in an effort to promote and improve agriculture.
• Awarded to Jason Kieser, McLean County Farm Bureau
• The McLean County Farmer of the Year Award recognizes a farmer who has been actively involved in civic and community affairs in an effort to promote and improve agriculture.
• Awarded to Carl Neubauer, Owner and Operator of Carl Neubauer Farms
• The Outstanding Service to Agriculture Award recognizes an individual from the McLean County area for contributions to the cause of agriculture in our community.
• Awarded to Jim Spradlin, Retired, Former CEO of Growmark
• The Outstanding Person in Agribusiness Award recognizes a businessperson who has served to improve agriculture through civic and community activities.
• Awarded to Mark Heil, Prairie Central Coop
• The Emerging Leader in Agriculture Award recognizes a young professional. high school, or college student engaged in non-production agriculture who has served to improve agriculture through civic and community activities.
• Awarded to Jenny Webb, Illinois Farm Bureau