Ag honors presented in Bloomington
The McLean County Chamber of Commerce honored the best in 2021 McLean County agriculture at the 2021 McLean County Chamber of Commerce Agriculture Awards Dinner last week at the Holiday Inn & Suites Bloomington-Airport.
The event culminated with the presentation of six awards:
· The Outstanding Conservationist Award recognizes a person who has helped to advance the knowledge and practice of soil and water conservation.
· Awarded to Mike Steffa, Director of McLean County Parks
· The Outstanding Young Farmer Award recognizes a young farmer 40 and under who has been actively involved in civic and community affairs in an effort to promote and improve agriculture.
· Awarded to Austin O’Neall, O’Neall Scholl Farms
· The McLean County Farmer of the Year Award recognizes a farmer who has been actively involved in civic and community affairs in an effort to promote and improve agriculture.
· Awarded to Dennis Wentworth, Wentworth Family Farms
· The Outstanding Service to Agriculture Award recognizes an individual from the McLean County area for contributions to the cause of agriculture in our community.
· Awarded to Jean Payne, President of the Illinois Fertilizer and Chemical Association
· The Outstanding Person in Agribusiness Award recognizes a businessperson who has served to improve agriculture through civic and community activities.
· Awarded to Terry Bittner, Owner of Chenoa Locker & Bittner’s Meat Co.
· The Emerging Leader in Agriculture Award recognizes a young professional. high school, or college student engaged in non-production agriculture who has served to improve agriculture through civic and community activities.
· Awarded to Miranda Buss, Agriculture Faculty at Heartland Community College